Sunday, March 22, 2009

Simple Pleasures!

Reading for pleasure…What is that? After being in school since I was 5…now 27…I have never understood pleasure reading! I always had some text book to read, YUCK! Well as of march 13th, I am free from text book reading or examine studying…YEAH! I completed my comprehensive exams, turned in my LARGE paper, and whatever else they wanted to graduate, on the 13th! What a day to celebrate!
I have been promising myself that the first book I would read when I was done is Little Women, a novel that has always caught my attention! Luckily, on the 13th my sweet mother gave me a wonder birthday gift, a copy of Little Women. I now understand the concept of pleasure reading! I get so excited when I have time to read…and when my time is up...I hesitantly put the book down, but I feel so motivated and excited inside! Weird I know, but I love the character of Jo March…If anybody wants to know me (Merridy not Lucas) or understand my heart, read Little Women and pay attention to Jo.
The excitement I feel from this book replaced any sadness I felt about not going to Nepal this year. Silly, I know.
Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. i love little women also, and always felt a connection to Jo, if you like her then you should read the 'sequels'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Merridy, I just saw your link on Nicole's blog...funny...I was thinking of doing this book for the next ward book club! And I just dvr'd the movie with Wynona Ryder in it that we'll watch. You should join us!
    And thanks for the comments yesterday on my lesson. I really needed them! You two are great!
    ~Dove

    ReplyDelete