Thursday, January 8, 2009

This weeks camping trip


We set off to go camping with our friends Katie and Andreas Tues. morning thinking we'd snow shoe out into the mountains for a few miles to a cozy cabin the Sierra Club constructed for back country ensuthiasts. Instead we snow shoed for about 6 hours and never found the cabin, as the sun started setting we decided we better find a place to sleep. It was a fun camp out, not as comfortable as a cabin but much more harcore camping cool fun. No one died, just big blisters and sore muscles!

The Journey





End of a long day of hiking and no cabin - better make camp!











The next morning







Making the best out of a beautiful trip!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Merridy! How the heck are you? It looks like you guys had a great time. I don't think that I could beat the cold, though. Your pictures are beautiful. I love that your husband went and got a sewing machine. I think that is so great. I'm sure he could teach me a few things about sewing. Also, the beard is awesome! I hope that you guys had a great Christmas! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete